Friday, July 3, 2009

"Leaves" now online

Here's a link to the radio broadcast of my Leaves of Grass, played last weekend by Risto-Matti Marin, followed by August Stradal's transcription of Liszt's Les Préludes. (Click the link, then "Avaa radiosoitin" on the next page.) It takes a few minutes to get through the preamble, but while waiting you can bear witness to the rare event of me doing an interview in Finnish. I'm the guy with the accent.

Performance order for Leaves:

Book I (2005)
- Tears
- Lingering last drops
- Sparkles from the Wheel
- Twilight

Book II (2009, premiere)
- The voice of the rain
- On the beach at night
- A noiseless patient spider
- Thou orb aloft full-dazzling

Book III (2009, premiere)
- Out of the rolling ocean
- Apparitions
- Song of the universal
- A clear midnight

Enjoy! I'm on thesis retreat for the next two months, which I'm actually looking forward to. Too many notes this year, and a break is much needed. Blogging will continue, don't be surprised if the topic is frequently Mahler.

No comments: